If you live in an area prone to power outages or enjoy outdoor adventures, you know how important it is to have a reliable and efficient portable generator. The market is filled with various brands, but two that stand out are the Generac and Predator generators. In this review, I will be comparing both generators to help you decide which one is the better choice for your specific needs.
Overview of Generac Generator:
Generac generators are well-renowned for their reliability and durability. They are among the most recognized portable generator brands in the market, making them a go-to choice for emergency power needs. Generac generators are equipped with various features and benefits, including low noise levels and fuel efficiency. They are usually more expensive than other brands, but the extra investment is worth it when it comes to the brand’s reputation and reliability.
Overview of Predator Generator:
If you are looking for an affordable portable generator with impressive power output, then Predator generators are worth looking into. They are known for providing customers with top-notch performance at reasonable prices. The brand focuses on delivering value for money, making it a popular choice for those on a budget.
When it comes to features, both Generac and Predator generators have their advantages. Generac generators are known for running quietly, which is ideal for homeowners who require power during outages. They are also equipped with fuel-efficient engines that can run for longer periods. On the other hand, Predator generators have higher starting and running wattage, making them ideal for outdoor events or construction sites. They are also equipped with oversized fuel tanks that can keep the generator running for a longer period.
When it comes to overall performance, both Generac and Predator generators are reliable and efficient. Generac generators are known for their fuel efficiency and reliability, making them ideal for extended power outages. They can run for a longer time on a single tank of fuel, which is an essential factor during emergencies. Predator generators are ideal for any power needs that require higher power output. They can handle tough tasks such as running power tools, and even RV air conditioning units.
In conclusion, the choice between Generac and Predator generators comes down to your specific needs and budget. If you require a generator for extended power outages, Generac generators are your best bet. They are reliable and fuel-efficient, making them an ideal power backup. However, if you need a portable generator with higher power output and reasonable prices, Predator generators are worth considering. They are equipped with oversized fuel tanks, making them ideal for outdoor events, construction sites, and RVing. Ultimately, the decision comes down to the purpose of the generator and your budget. Choose wisely, and you will have a reliable and efficient portable generator that will serve your power needs for years to come.
List of 10 generac vs predator generator
- Scheduled maintenance kit is for standby home generators
- Kit for 12-18-Kilowatt 760cc - 990cc Engines
- Maintenance is recommended every 200-hours or 2-years
- Includes a pre-cleaner, air filter, oil filter, oil funnel, (2) spark plugs, chamois, instruction manual and preventative maintenance reminder sticker
- Oil must be purchased separately
- 50 State Configuration/CSA
- Compact and Lightweight
- Makes transportation easy with built-in handle
- Automatically adjusts engine speeds to save fuel and reduce sound emissions
- Alert you when unit is low on oil, overloaded or ready-to-use
- Genuine OEM Generac Part
- Fits Generac 208CC Engines
- Genuine OEM Generac Part
- Built In Handle – Allows you to carry the generator with one hand for easy mobility
- Easy Start – Start Stop Choke dial makes starting the generator quick and easy
- Steady Power – Inverter technology produces safe, clean power, ideal for sensitive electronics and tools
- Ultra Quiet Design – With fully enclosed case
- Automatic RPM Control – Adjusts engine speed, reducing consumption and sound levels
- Designed to work effectively
- Package length :10.0"
- Package width :6.0"
- Package height :3.0"
- Up to whole house protection with the 200 Amp, NEMA 3R (aluminum outdoor enclosure) smart switch
- Smart, User-friendly controls; Generac evolution controller features a multilingual LCD display that allows you to Monitor Battery status and track maintenance intervals to ensure your generator is always in top operating condition
- 240 volts supply
- Receive real time status updates
- Double your power – connect two inverters together for 2 times the power, up to 3,230 running watts and 4,400 starting watts
- Connect your loads to the kit's L5-30R twist lock or TT-30R (RV) receptacles
- Easy access storage compartment in the back keeps power cables safe when not in use
- Rated 120 VAC amperage is 28.2 when paralleled
- Clean, Emission-Free, Portable Power – Take it with you wherever you go, indoors or out.
- Versatile Fast Recharging – Recharge from 0-80% in 2.1 hours from a wall outlet (GB1000). Also supports input from solar, car and generator. Combine charging methods for even faster recharge times.
- Compact, Durable Design – Lightweight and easy to use with durable enclosure, ergonomic handle, and on-board storage.
- Wireless Charging Pad – 15W wireless charging for compatible devices.
- Large Multi-Color 4.7" Display – View charge level, remaining runtime and other key info at-a-glance.
- Family / Style:58
- Volts DC:12
- Type:Battery, Standby Generator
People also ask
FAQs for Generac vs Predator Generator
Q: What is the difference between Generac and Predator Generators?
A: The biggest difference is the brand. Generac is a well-known brand that specializes in generators for residential, commercial, and industrial use. Predator is a relatively new brand that is sold exclusively through Harbor Freight Tools. Both brands offer portable and standby generators with various power capacities.
Q: Which brand produces better quality generators?
A: Generac is known for its high-quality products and has been in the generator industry for over 60 years. Predator generators, on the other hand, are more affordable and may not have the same level of craftsmanship as Generac generators.
Q: What is the fuel type for Generac and Predator Generators?
A: Both brands offer generators that run on gasoline, propane, and diesel fuel. It is important to check the specifications of each specific model to determine the fuel type.
Q: Can Generac and Predator Generators be used for residential and commercial purposes?
A: Yes, both brands offer generators that are suitable for residential and commercial use. However, it is important to select the appropriate power capacity for the intended use.
Q: How much do Generac and Predator Generators cost?
A: The cost of generators from both brands varies depending on the power capacity and specific features. Generally, Generac generators are more expensive than Predator generators due to their higher quality and reputation in the market. However, comparing specific models is the best way to determine the exact cost difference.
Q: How long do Generac and Predator Generators last?
A: Generac generators are known for their durability and can last up to 30 years with proper maintenance. Predator generators have not been on the market long enough to determine their lifespan, but they typically have a warranty period of 90 days.
Q: Which brand offers better customer support and warranty?
A: Generac offers a 24/7 customer support service for their generators and a 2-5 year limited warranty depending on the specific model. Predator generators come with a 90-day warranty that can be extended up to 2 years with an extended protection plan. However, customer support may not be as readily available as with Generac.
Q: Can Generac and Predator Generators run quietly?
A: Both brands offer generators that were designed to run quietly. However, the specific model and power capacity can impact noise levels.
Q: Are Generac and Predator Generators readily available in the market?
A: Generac generators are widely sold through various channels including home improvement stores, hardware stores, and through certified distributors. Predator generators are exclusively sold through Harbor Freight Tools and may be more difficult to find outside of their retail stores.